Strategic Concepts Quote of the Week for June 20th, 2011 Keyword: Decision

“Unless your heart, your soul, and your whole being are behind every decision you make, the words from your mouth will be empty, and each action will be meaningless. Truth and confidence are the roots of happiness.”
Anonymous

This is a high personal standard. Can you and I live up to it? Why would we make a half-hearted decision when we know the outcome will be failure. I don't know the answer to that question but I do know that we all do it. Let's decide not to do that anymore.

Recently I sailed (yes, on a sailboat not a cruise ship and that is why last weeks quote is missing) from Bermuda to New England. That was a major decision and required my complete and undivided attention. It went to my very heart, soul and being to make it happen safely and successfully. You can read the passage notes here

Now I can imagine every decision that I make taking on the same importance. Maybe not all at once but on a cumulative basis many small decisions, that are completely committed to, can become a major influence on your life and your business.

~Eric